Friday, May 21, 2010

Carnival Ecstasy, Wednesday, April 28, 2010

PROGRESO, MEXICO & UXMAL MAYAN RUINS!

Josh and I woke up EXTRA early this morning.  We were SO excited to see land and thought it would be neat to watch the ship pull into the port for debarkation.  We were surprised to be the first ones out on the deck that morning.  Slowly other people joined us, but probably in total only 15 people.  It was beautiful to watch the sunrise and see the land in front of us.  There were lights on buoys in the water to guide us in.  Reminded me of a landing strip at an airport. 

DSC_0066 

When we pulled into dock we were surprised to see another Carnival Cruise ship, the Triumph out of New Orleans, LA.DSC_0072

DSC_0073 DSC_0074

 

OUR SHIP….

 

 

 

 

DSC_0077

 

The dancers that welcomed us to shore…

 

 

The SUPER duper crazy view on the way down the pier from our cruise ship.  I read it is the longest pier, it ran five miles long…from the ship into the town of Progreso.  I was so scared, there was no guard rail, just a tiny line of brick height things along the side of where our bus was going 40 mph as hugging the side of the road.  Josh took the picture.  I was seriously staring at my feet.  Out of sight, out of mind, right?!?

DSC_0235 Our first view of the main temple at the Mayan ruins in Uxmal. 

DSC_0084 DSC_0087 DSC_0090 DSC_0103 DSC_0104

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_0105 DSC_0123

I LOVED the architecture of this doorway. 

DSC_0108DSC_0131DSC_0120DSC_0138 DSC_0157 DSC_0159 DSC_0172

From the top of one of the temples…

DSC_0212 DSC_0214

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was one of my favorite days of the whole trip!  I loved getting off the boat for the day and I LOVED going to the Mayan ruins.  The history was amazing, we got to mail our sweet boys I missed so badly a post card and like the last Mayan ruins I went to in Chichen Itza, this time I DID NOT have any trouble problems!!! :)

DSC_0231

DSC_0237

No comments: