Monday, January 18, 2010
- Handkerchiefs. Soft ones. They do not leave my poor sick baby's nose raw.
- Hot steamy showers, to break up my sweet Andy's congestion
- An amazing husband, who cooks dinner two nights in a row, to then leave enough for tonight too. Then pays the bills, just so I do not have to.
- That amazing dinner mentioned above. Can I say pork chops with a cherry reduction sauce? Yummo. Where did that talent come from? He may be regretting letting that cat out of the bag!
- My sweet Noah, saying "It's okay, bubba" to Andy when his coughs are so big his whole body shakes
- Thoughts of a soon to happen trip to see my dearest friend, Beth
- Renting old school Disney movies to watch with my husband and two little ones, while their little feverish bodies snuggle up to us
- Newly painted toe nails
- Thoughts of actually getting a mini-van and not having to squeeze my too big hiney in the too little seat between our kids
- Thoughts of getting such mini-van with no payment...hopefully my car can sell for the amount we would need!
- Four more pounds lost! Come on another 40!
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Noah (aka Bubba, Buster, and sweetpea),
It is so hard to believe that three years ago today you were finally here in this world! We were so excited to see your sweet face. That beautiful dimple in your chin, that adorable dark hair, and those crazy spikes! We truly fell in love at first sight and knew that our world was never going to be the same. You made our lives so much more full! You have changed so much in the last three years. You are still a kind hearted, sweet, loving child. But you are now so full of energy and spunk! You love Cars, movies, Thomas trains, eating, watching cooking shows with your Mama and racing cars with your Daddy. You love riding on your little bike, going shopping and going to school! You absolutely love hershey's kisses, and real kisses too! You play with your little brother, and sometimes think he is just as big as you are! You are learning about God and talk about Jesus like he is already your friend. You are such a sweet boy and I love you more than words can express. I cannot wait to experience your whole life, thank you for the beautiful three years we have already had!!!!
love, your Mama:)
Friday, January 8, 2010
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Gorgeous, right? I cannot believe I won, I NEVER win anything! Thanks so much to Stacey for holding this contest!!!!!!!!!!!!
You wonder, what is her problem? My problem: My couple of days away from being three year old, Noah, is seriously, freaked out by the potty. He tells me there are "alligators are in there." Or "no, I do not need to go potty, I'm not wet!" You name it, he comes up with it. We have done days in just undies, where we set a timer and get on the potty often, but no fail, the moment we get off the potty he goes in his undies, we read potty books, we talk about it often, but he is absolutely resistant. Just does not even want to sit on the potty. It is almost a struggle just to get him there. We have a one year old also, so I find it hard to have one on one time with Noah to work with him.
Please, if anyone has any suggestions, let me know!!! I do not want to go to his three year check up and say we have had no progress with potty training!!!!!!!!!!