Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pottery Barn Knock-Offs!!!!

I LOVE reading home blogs. I have a whole list in blogger that I seriously look forward to every morning. Some people have their newspaper and coffee...I have my blogs and diet coke. It is SO much fun. I feel inspired by some, touched by others and get a good chuckle from many more.

One of the blogs is called Homebody and today she is hosting a Pottery Barn Knock-Off Party and I wanted to join!
I absolutely LOVE Pottery Barn, but our checkbook does not! BUT....I have MY DAD! He is amazing at woodwork and I am SO thankful for him. He has refinished buffets, made rocking horses, bookshelves, rocking airplanes, etc in our house! BUT...my two favorite things he has made me I can put in this linky party!!!!
The PB Samantha Entry Way Shelf.... I wanted mine red, so that is what my Dad did!!!!
I also LOVED the Holman shelves recently. I showed my Dad and he said he could make them. I saw him a week later and he had them ready for me to hang!!!!!! I love them in our living room, but can see them someday in a hallway or bedroom. They will always be somewhere in our home!!!!
It sure helps to have a handy Dad!
I am also linking up to Kimba's DIY day!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

How lucky you are to have such a talented and generous Dad! Your entry way looks just exactly like the original. Wow!

Holly said...

Wow...your dad does great work! I love the Samantha set; it seriously looks exactly like PB's, and I love the red! The Holmans are awesome too.
You're a lucky girl!
Thanks for linking up!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That is amazing!!! It looks great! Love it!

XOXO
Jen

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I, too, am a complete PB junkie! I would LOVE to have a husband or father who could produce furniture like that, but unfortunately I don't. :) I love what your dad did, and it looks just as good as the PB version! Way to go.

Marcy said...

I wish I had that :( well, my FIL does but he's my FIL so it's not quite the same.

Jeannine said...

Nice job!! It looks great! And I'm with you, Diet Coke (preferably a fountain one!!!) rocks in the morning. Couldn't start the day without it!!!

Jeannine said...

I'm going to make some of my own PB knockoff furniture from plans at knockoffwood.blogspot.com - check them out - they are simple and free!!! I'm excited to try my hand at building! She is also having a giveaway right now to celebrate her 1,000,000th hit in 3 months!!! She is awesome!

Carol W. said...

Tell Uncle Robert...awesome job. He is so talented and handy! Just remind him my birthday is...LOL! Fantasic job! Kudos!

moo said...

AJ - That is so awesome! I love it. I sure do miss the handy work of you Dad. I am so glad you now have those great pieces in your home. You are very familiar with my 'handy' skills - so I will have to resort to IKEA for now. Sigh....

LYLAS!